DELAFIELD, Wis. (Stockpickr) -- The biotechnology sector is in focus the next two days on Wall Street as the BIO CEO & Investor Conference gets underway. This conference is in its sixteenth year, and it's the largest investor conference focused on established and emerging publicly traded and select private biotech companies. The event gives institutional investors, industry analysts and senior biotechnology executives a chance to openly discuss biotech firms' prospects and the ever-changing world of biotechnology.
Traders, like myself, will be focusing on trading any momentum off the fast-moving small-cap biotechnology stocks that will be in play as the companies present at BIO CEO. I have been scanning the charts of many these names looking for some potential fast trades that could play out nicely over the next two days and potentially the next few months. I have found a number of bullish small-cap biotech stocks that will be presenting at the conference, so all we need now is for these stocks to get some volume and break out and we could easily bank some serious short- and mid-term profits.
The stocks I picked aren't just flagging decent setups into their presentations, but they also have longer-term bullish setups. These are names to keep on your trading radar even if we don't get any momentum into the conference or off their presentations. That being said, if the CEOs of these biotech stock say anything bullish that the market likes, then look out, because these stocks could make explosive moves.>>5 Biotech Stocks Spiking on Unusual Volume With that in mind, here's a look at five stocks that are scheduled to present at the conference on Tuesday that could make sharp spikes higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV