ATLANTA, Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement retailer, today announced the opening of its new direct fulfillment center (DFC) in Locust Grove, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta.
It is the first of three new DFCs the company will open across the U.S. over the next two years, adding more than three million square feet and approximately 1,000 jobs to its supply chain.
The new distribution centers will increase the number of orders the company can ship the day they are received, increasing the speed of delivery for HomeDepot.com orders.The company is also enabling faster order picking and shipping through new warehouse management and material handling systems. "This is a significant investment in our ability to say yes to customers with confidence," said Mark Holifield, senior vice president – Supply Chain. "Yes, you have access to our entire inventory to fulfill your order. Yes, you can expect a speedy delivery. And yes, you can rely on information updates about your delivery." The DFCs will stock approximately 100,000 products, extending The Home Depot aisle beyond the 35,000 products typically available at the average physical store. The Locust Grove DFC will initially employ approximately 125 associates, and will eventually employ approximately 300 associates. Future DFCs are scheduled to open in Perris, Calif. and Troy, Ohio. The Home Depot is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,263 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2012, The Home Depot had sales of $74.8 billion and earnings of $4.5 billion. The Company employs more than 300,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index. SOURCE The Home Depot
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV