On 2/12/14, Miller Energy Resources, Inc.'s 10.5% Series D Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (MILL.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.6562, payable on 3/3/14. As a percentage of MILL.PRD's recent share price of $23.96, this dividend works out to approximately 2.74%, so look for shares of MILL.PRD to trade 2.74% lower — all else being equal — when MILL.PRD shares open for trading on 2/12/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 11.00%, which compares to an average yield of 8.35% in the "Oil & Gas Exploration & Production" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, MILL.PRD was trading at a 4.56% discount to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of MILL.PRD shares, versus MILL:
Below is a dividend history chart for MILL.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.6562 on Miller Energy Resources, Inc.'s 10.5% Series D Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock:
In Monday trading, Miller Energy Resources, Inc.'s 10.5% Series D Fixed Rate/Floating Rate Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (MILL.PRD) is currently up about 0.4% on the day, while the common shares (MILL) are down about 2.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV