By early afternoon, shares of the electrical vehicle manufacturer had spiked 7.7% to $14.04. Trading volume of 3.3 million exceeded the three-month average daily volume of 3.1 million.
Year to date, the China-based company has climbed 19.2%.
Must Read: Tesla Heads Toward $200TheStreet Ratings team rates KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP (KNDI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, KNDI's share price has jumped by 209.58%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although KNDI had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.48 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP reported lower earnings of $0.20 versus $0.31 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1392.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.60 million to -$7.69 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KNDI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV