The Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officers of EPAM Systems
and the Chief Executive and Chief Science Officers of Intrexon Corp.
have been named as the recipients of the fourteenth annual “E-3 Awards,” presented by Emerald Asset Management at the 21
Annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum. The Forum was held in Philadelphia on February 6, 2014.
Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management said, “We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders – qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence,” adding, “The award’s name – E-3 – reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award.” Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, said, “These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word.”
Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald’s team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
- A creative “outside the box” approach to corporate achievement;
- An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
- A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
- An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
The 2014 winners of the E-3 Award are:
Public Company Executive Award
Public Company Science & Technology Executive Award
- Arkadiy Dobkins, Chief Executive Officer & President and Anthony Conte, Chief Financial Officer, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM)
- Randall Kirk J.D., Chairman & Chief Executive Officer and Tom Reed Ph.D., Founder & Chief Science Officer, Intrexon Corp. (NYSE: XON)
Presented by Emerald Asset Management, Forum sponsors include Pepper Hamilton LLP, Janney Capital Markets, Boenning & Scattergood, Greentree, Trout, Ebersole & Groff LLP, Sturdivant & Co., Patriot Financial Partners L.P., and Horizons ETFs Management (USA) LLC. The first Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum was held in 1994 and has grown to become the largest and most successful annual investment event in Philadelphia.