4. As of noon trading, Corning ( GLW) is up $0.09 (0.5%) to $18.45 on average volume. Thus far, 4.6 million shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $18.27-$18.54 after having opened the day at $18.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.36. Corning Incorporated produces and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. It operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Telecommunications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. Corning has a market cap of $26.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 3.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts who rate Corning a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corning as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Corning Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts