U.S. Jobs: What's Hot and What's Not
Education and Health Services
Education and health services dipped by 6,000 jobs in January. This sector has shown consistent expansion since the end of the Great Recession, and hiring firms continue to point to health care as one of the best sectors for job placement. "Health care IT is on fire," said Nick Turner, CEO of Kaye Bassman International.
"The health sector has been one of the biggest contributors to job growth over the past few years, but over the past two months employment in that sector has fallen," Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist at Capital Economics, wrote Friday in a note. "Whether this is an unexpected consequence of the implementation of the Affordable Care Act is open to question."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV