The Chinese Internet company announced revenue of $217.2 million for the quarter, a 47.2% increase from the year-ago quarter. SouFun recorded earnings of $1.42 a share in the fourth quarter, a 79.7% increase from the fourth quarter of 2012.
For the full year, revenue increased 48.1% to $637.4 million for SouFun, while earnings gained 70.4% to $3.63 a share.
"We are excited to report another strong quarter and full year results, marking the 4th consecutive annual results way above our guidance since our IPO, and our leading internet businesses continued their fast growth stories in 2013," executive chairman Vincent Mo said in a press release.For 2014, SouFun anticipates revenue of between $780 million and $796 million. Must read: SouFun Holdings Ltd. (SFUN): Today's Featured Internet Winner
TheStreet Ratings team rates SOUFUN HLDGS LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SOUFUN HLDGS LTD (SFUN) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 45.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 181.41% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SFUN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SOUFUN HLDGS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SOUFUN HLDGS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.87 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.34 versus $1.87).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 108.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $49.17 million to $102.74 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOUFUN HLDGS LTD is currently very high, coming in at 86.10%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 55.52% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SFUN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts