In trading on Monday, shares of TETRA Technologies, Inc. (TTI) entered into oversold territory, changing hands as low as $9.92 per share. We define oversold territory using the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which is a technical analysis indicator used to measure momentum on a scale of zero to 100. A stock is considered to be oversold if the RSI reading falls below 30.
In the case of TETRA Technologies, Inc., the RSI reading has hit 25.2 — by comparison, the universe of energy stocks covered by Energy Stock Channel currently has an average RSI of 49.5, the RSI of WTI Crude Oil is at 60.8, and the RSI of Henry Hub Natural Gas is presently 47.8.
A bullish investor could look at TTI's 25.2 reading as a sign that the recent heavy selling is in the process of exhausting itself, and begin to look for entry point opportunities on the buy side.
Looking at a chart of one year performance (below), TTI's low point in its 52 week range is $8.15 per share, with $13.41 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $9.98. TETRA Technologies, Inc. shares are currently trading off about 4.2% on the day.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, TTI makes up 2.98% of the S&P SmallCap Energy Portfolio ETF (PSCE) which is trading lower by about 0.8% on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV