Many end applications – such as IP phones, motor control circuits, active clamp switches and load switches – need to offer higher energy efficiency in a smaller footprint in order to meet manufacturers’ demands. Fairchild Semiconductor developed the FDMC86xxxP series of P-channel PowerTrench ® MOSFETs to reduce footprint while achieving superior switching speed and power consumption.
The series includes the FDMC86261P 150 V and the FDMC86139P 100 V P-channel MOSFETs. When compared to competitive devices, these P-channel MOSFETs provide an improved switching performance figure of merit (FOM) 67 percent better than the best competitor part. Additionally, conduction losses are improved by 46 percent and switching losses are improved by 38 percent. This allows designers to shrink the footprint and improve overall system performance.
Devices in the series are packaged in a 3 mm x 3 mm MLP package, versus competitor solutions that are in a 5 mm x 6 mm package, saving board space. Additionally, the FDMC86xxxP series addresses the customers need for lower thermal characteristics, dissipating less power for higher energy efficiency. The devices also feature the lowest R DS(ON) available in its footprint.
“Legacy products are known to have high power losses making them an inefficient solution in today’s power supply and motor control circuits,” Mike Speed, Low Voltage Product Marketing Director at Fairchild, said. “By switching to the FDMC86xxxP series, customers can reduce power dissipation by up to 50 percent in their applications, improving overall system performance, which reduces energy consumption in their end product, helping to conserve global resources.”Key Features:
- Very low R DS(ON) mid-voltage P-channel silicon technology optimized for low Qg
- Optimized for fast switching applications as well as load switch applications
- 100 percent UIL ® tested
- RoHS compliant
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV