Highlights four years of exceptional diversity and inclusion leadership in the workplace
Feb. 10, 2014
(CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) is proud to be named one of
Best Diversity Employers for 2014 by Mediacorp Canada Inc., marking the fourth consecutive year the bank has received this distinction.
In once again selecting CIBC, Mediacorp cited the bank as a longstanding champion of diversity and inclusion. It recognized CIBC for maintaining a national employment equity and diversity council, employment equity and diversity advisory committees, and diversity champions within CIBC's global operations and recruitment teams.
"Diversity is a key component of our culture at CIBC," said
, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, CIBC. "We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees of all backgrounds are celebrated for their unique skills, perspectives, and experiences, which is why CIBC is a great place to work and a leader in diversity best practices."
The editors of Mediacorp selected this year's winners by examining diversity and inclusion initiatives around five major employee groups: Women; Members of visible minorities; Persons with disabilities; Aboriginal peoples; and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered/Transsexual (LGBT) peoples.
Other recent recognition that CIBC has received for its industry-best practices include:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc.;
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers;
- Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People and a Top Employer for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named one of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across
, and has offices in
the United States
and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce