American Airlines announced total revenue passenger miles, or RPMs, totaled 17.3 billion in January. Total capacity for the month was 21.6 billion available seat miles (ASMs), a 2.3% increase from January 2013. Total passenger load factor was 80.3% for January, a 1.2 percentage point increase from the same month in 2013.
Based on the one month of data and predictions for February and March, American Airlines said Monday it expects first-quarter 2014 consolidated passenger revenue per available seat mile (PRASM) to increase by 2% to 4% from the year-ago quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV