Stryker Corporation (SYK) Hits New Lifetime High
- SYK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $168.6 million.
- SYK has traded 27,991 shares today.
- SYK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYK: Stryker Corporation, a medical technology company, provides reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products for doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. SYK has a PE ratio of 18.2. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Stryker Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Stryker Corporation has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Stryker has a market cap of $29.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.38 days to cover. Shares are up 4.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Stryker Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 25.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 43.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $270.00 million to $386.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $672.00 million or 12.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -32.68%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that SYK's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.07 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Stryker Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.