HOUSTON, Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Direct Energy, one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers, in partnership with Opower and Honeywell, today announced the launch of the Meridian smart thermostat in Texas, including an advanced mobile app that enables anytime, anywhere management of home energy use.
The Direct Energy Meridian solution's Wi-Fi thermostat from Honeywell connects to the newest generation of utility software leader Opower's thermostat platform – including a Set for Savings feature that proactively recommends more efficient settings based on the customers' actual energy use and billing information. With thermostats controlling more than 50 percent of the energy bill, the data-driven Meridian thermostat app provides consumers an opportunity for significant savings even from small adjustments.
"Imagine a thermostat that is smart enough to tell you specifically how and when you can save on energy costs in your home – up to 10 percent in reduced costs. That's the power and convenience of Direct Energy's Meridian thermostat, always available at your fingertips from your mobile phone," said Adam Miller, Direct Energy's Senior Director, Innovation. "And with Texas' frequent 100+ degree summer temperatures, the savings definitely can add up."Initially available to customers in Dallas and Houston, the Meridian thermostat is Direct Energy's newest, most technologically advanced Connected Home offer, and combines the company's retail electric service with its vast experience in home services. The new thermostat is offered as the Direct Energy Meridian Savings Plan which includes:
- A two-year low, fixed, electricity rate plan
- Up to three free Meridian Wi-Fi thermostats
- The Meridian mobile app for Android or iOs
- Professional installation by One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning for $69.99 for the first thermostat ( $49.99 for each additional thermostat), and including a free 20-point HVAC maintenance valued at $138
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts