The Wyse Datacenter comprises Dell PowerEdge R720 servers, a choice of Dell EqualLogic 1G iSCSI PS4100E/PS6100E/PS6100XS storage arrays, Dell Networking S55 1G Top of Rack switch, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1/2012 R2 including Hyper-V, vWorkspace 8.0 MR1 virtualization software, Dell ProSupport Services for hardware and support for software, and highly secure Dell Wyse end points with new ThinOS 8 and qualified with RemoteFX capable models including Dell Wyse 3012- T10D, 5012- D10D (both highly secure with new ThinOS 8), D90D8, D90Q8, Z90D8, Z90Q8 and X90m7.
The optional vWorkspace component is highly recommended for increased scalability for deployments up to tens of thousands of seats. It allows customers to quickly troubleshoot VM problems with built-in diagnostics and monitoring functions (formerly Foglight for Virtual Desktops). It speeds VM deployments and reduces storage costs and comes with additional support for Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V. It also adds support for extended end-point connectors and multi-tenancy with no AD Trust Requirements. Finally, vWorkspace installs seamlessly using the same hardware configuration used for Windows Server 2012 R2.
New powerful yet affordable dual-core Dell Wyse ThinOS thin client
Dell also announced the addition of the Dell Wyse thin client desktop 3012– T10D featuring a unique combination of high performance, security, and economy in a compact thin client certified for the new Windows Server and vWorkspace infrastructure. The new thin client delivers an outstanding Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and Dell vWorkspace VDI user experience and an instant-on experience from power-on to fully functioning desktop in less than 9 seconds. Featuring completely “hands-off” out-of-box automatic setup, configuration and management, the 3012-T10D runs Dell Wyse ThinOS, the premiere virus- and malware-immune thin client OS with AES disk encryption and zero attack surface.The new 3012-T10D is the world’s first ARM SoC thin client that is Microsoft RemoteFX certified with support for RDP 8.0 features and delivers impressive performance in an affordable offering, with features including:
- Marvell PXA2128 1.2 GHz Dual Core ARM SoC processor
- Certified for Microsoft RemoteFX (RDP), supporting a broad range of RDP 8.0 features
- Optimized Citrix HDX Receiver provides an excellent user experience including remote and work from home users. 4GB 3 Flash and 2GB 4 DDR3 RAM memory
- Connections including dual DVI, four USB ports, Gigabit Ethernet and optional dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 A/B/G/N with up to 300 Mbps connection speeds
- Built-in media processor to deliver smooth multimedia, bi-directional audio and Flash playback.
- Multiple management options including cloud-based management with remote imaging through the Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager, enterprise management with the optional Dell Wyse Device Manager, and the simple and easy to use file system configurations provide robust and flexible management and configuration choices.
- Flexible mounting options enable vertical, horizontal, desk, wall or behind display positioning, and a VESA stand is included standard.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts