NEW YORK, Feb. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Harris & Harris Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:TINY), an investor in transformative companies enabled by disruptive science, notes the article by Lev Grossman on Harris & Harris Group's portfolio company, D-Wave Systems, Inc., featured on the cover of the February 17, 2014, issue of Time Magazine. The article, titled "The Quantum Quest for a Revolutionary Computer," introduces readers to the differences between classical and quantum computing and discusses D-Wave's quantum computing technology. The article also discusses D-Wave's early customer traction and the outstanding questions around D-Wave's technology and differentiation. A summary of the article can be viewed at http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2164806,00.html and http://business.time.com/2014/02/06/9-ways-quantum-computing-will-change-everything/.
"D-Wave is a great example of the type of transformative companies Harris & Harris Group is involved in building," said Douglas W. Jamison, Chief Executive Officer of Harris & Harris Group. "As is often the case with disruptive technology, the emergence of commercial quantum computing has brought forward healthy dialog and ongoing research. It is exciting for Harris & Harris Group to be involved with a company disrupting how the world thinks about the future of computing."
CONTACT: DOUGLAS W. JAMISON (212) 582-0900
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV