SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, today announced the industry's most powerful next-generation firewall, the PA-7050. With next-generation firewall functions, such as full application enablement, IPS, AV and WildFire™ active on all traffic, the PA-7050 delivers consistent performance at speeds much higher than alternative offerings. This superior consistency in performance empowers organizations to apply next-generation firewall security throughout their networks – from the edge of the enterprise to the datacenter – and ensures security does not become a barrier to achieving high network performance.
The amount of data travelling across enterprise networks continues to grow at a rapid rate, and enterprises need to ensure that data moves as quickly as possible to maintain business productivity. This challenge is compounded by the need to apply next-generation security throughout the network to protect against sophisticated cyber attacks. These attacks can hide in plain sight, using common applications to penetrate exterior defenses, and once inside a network, act like day-to-day traffic while stealing targeted data via applications such as FTP, webmail or veiled within SSL.
Common port-based firewalls, plus simple signature-based protection mechanisms masked as next-generation firewalls cannot safely enable applications; they only block them, and further cannot deliver adequate performance with these security features enabled. The result: many organizations limit application of tight security controls, leaving their organizations at risk.Palo Alto Networks addresses this challenge head-on with the PA-7050, a powerful, yet easy-to-extend and manage next-generation firewall that is designed from the ground up to deliver performance consistency with next-generation security controls enabled. Quotes:
- "Big security news stories are a daily event as the threats facing enterprises are getting more pervasive and sophisticated. Organizations need to implement protections against advanced application-layer threats throughout their networks – not just at the edge, but often have to compromise security for performance in the data center." – Jeff Wilson, Principal Analyst Security
- "The PA-7050 allows security teams to achieve two seemingly conflicting goals. First, it provides state-of-the-art security at the application level and applies scans for attacks, malware, and exploits. Second, because it has a unique single-pass architecture designed to optimize performance, the PA-7050 can provide all of this security capability at speeds much greater than alternatives in the market; this ensures business processes run smoothly and securely for our customers." -- Lee Klarich, Senior Vice President, Product Management, Palo Alto Networks
- The data center where validation of applications and users, and threat prevention at 100Gbps or more is critical;
- The Internet gateway where visibility and control over all applications and protection from known and unknown threats are critical; and
- Internal network segments, where isolation of critical data and business functions is required.