MELVILLE, N.Y., Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of four distributors serving dentists and dental laboratories in France, the Netherlands and Belgium from Arseus NV (EBR: RCUS). The transaction with Arseus also included a French dental practice management software company, the acquisition of which had closed at the time this transaction was first announced on January 6, 2014.
Together the five acquired companies represent annual sales of approximately $97 million (€70 million) and include the following:
- Logiciel Julie, the leading dental practice management software company in France with more than 8,000 installed systems.
- Arseus Lab, a leading distributor of specialist products to dental laboratories in Benelux and France, complementing the advancement of Henry Schein's global dental laboratory distribution business.
- Arcade Dentaire, a leading distributor of dental equipment, related consumables and IT solutions serving practitioners in Western France.
- Arseus Dental Solutions BV, a leading distributor of dental equipment, related consumables and IT solutions to dental practices and universities in the Netherlands.
- Arseus Dental Solutions NV, a leading distributor of dental equipment, related consumables and IT solutions to dental practices and universities in Belgium.
"At Henry Schein we are proud of our position as the only Pan-European value-added distributor serving dental offices and dental laboratories, and are delighted to strengthen our presence across the European Continent with these five leading businesses," said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Henry Schein. "Each operates in attractive markets with good growth prospects, and together they bring to Henry Schein nearly 230 new Team Schein Members including industry leaders, accomplished sales consultants and top software engineers."
About ArseusArseus is a R&D scientific company delivering innovative solutions and concepts to professionals and institutions in the healthcare sector in 30 countries worldwide. Arseus is subdivided into three divisions: Fagron is global market leader in pharmaceutical compounding. Corilus develops and supplies unique integrated ICT solutions with substantial added value to medical specialists and is market leader in Belgium, France and the Netherlands. The Belgian company Arseus NV is located in Waregem, and is listed on NYSE Euronext Brussels and NYSE Euronext Amsterdam. The operational activities of the Arseus group are driven by the Dutch company Arseus BV. The head office of Arseus BV is located in Rotterdam. About Henry Schein, Inc. Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company also serves dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites. A Fortune 500® Company and a member of the NASDAQ 100® Index, Henry Schein employs more than 16,000 Team Schein Members and serves nearly 800,000 customers. The Company offers a comprehensive selection of products and services, including value-added solutions for operating efficient practices and delivering high-quality care. Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 96,000 branded products and Henry Schein private-brand products in stock, as well as more than 110,000 additional products available as special-order items. The Company also offers its customers exclusive, innovative technology solutions, including practice management software and e-commerce solutions, as well as a broad range of financial services. Headquartered in Melville, N.Y., Henry Schein has operations or affiliates in 25 countries. The Company's sales reached a record $8.9 billion in 2012, and have grown at a compound annual rate of 17% since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995. For more information, visit the Henry Schein Web site at www.henryschein.com. Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements In accordance with the "Safe Harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, we provide the following cautionary remarks regarding important factors that, among others, could cause future results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements, expectations and assumptions expressed or implied herein. All forward-looking statements made by us are subject to risks and uncertainties and are not guarantees of future performance. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, performance and achievements or industry results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These statements are identified by the use of such terms as "may," "could," "expect," "intend," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "forecast," "project," "anticipate" or other comparable terms. A full discussion of our operations and financial condition, including factors that may affect our business and future prospects, is contained in documents we have filed with the SEC and will be contained in all subsequent periodic filings we make with the SEC. These documents identify in detail important risk factors that could cause our actual performance to differ materially from current expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV