Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee and coffeemakers with its innovative Keurig ® brewing technology, and Krispy Kreme (NYSE: KKD), a global retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, announce the companies have reached a multiyear agreement to bring Krispy Kreme ® signature coffee to K-Cup ® packs for the Keurig ® brewing system.
The companies plan to launch Krispy Kreme coffees, Smooth and Decaf, in K-Cup ® packs for Keurig ® brewers by the end of 2014. The new Krispy Kreme K-Cup ® packs will be available at Keurig.com and KrispyKreme.com, as well as participating Krispy Kreme shops, grocery, retail, and away-from-home channels throughout the United States.
“At GMCR, we’re committed to partnering with the best brands in the marketplace to bring consumers the beverages they love at the touch of a button,” said Brian P. Kelley, GMCR's President and CEO. “Working with Krispy Kreme welcomes a beloved brand into our family and promises consumers that the quality and taste they expect from Krispy Kreme are there with each and every brew.”
With over 800 shops in more than 20 countries, Krispy Kreme is an internationally recognized retail brand. The company serves premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed ® doughnut, and a growing selection of roasted coffees and specialty beverages. Soon, the one-of-a-kind Krispy Kreme coffee experience will enter the home like never before, through the convenience, quality, and reach of the Keurig ® brewing system.“GMCR is the pioneer of single cup brewing technology, and we are proud to partner with such a highly regarded company,” said Jim Morgan, Chairman, President and CEO of Krispy Kreme. “We look forward to bringing the joy of our great Krispy Kreme coffee into the homes of consumers through the convenience of the Keurig system.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV