- WIND Hellas invests in core network infrastructure from Ericsson to improve performance and enable innovative mobile broadband offerings to subscribers
- Turn-key end-to-end system integration project for Ericsson's Evolved Packet Core solution with latest Evolved Packet Gateway and Policy Control platform
- Solution enables WIND Hellas to benefit from advanced mobile broadband offerings and reduced operational costs
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WIND Hellas has announced the completion of a one-year transformation and network evolution project aimed at reorganizing and modernizing its Mobile Packet Core. The installation of a modern multi-access Evolved Packet Core network - including Ericsson's Evolved Packet Gateway based on the latest SSR 8000 family together with the world-leading SGSN-MME and Service-Aware Policy Controller - has been a major factor in this process. With its consulting and systems integration capabilities, Ericsson has had the responsibility of being prime integrator, allowing WIND Hellas' subscribers to benefit from advanced mobile broadband offerings.
As part of the transformation, legacy packet network systems have been successfully replaced and all subscribers migrated to a single multifunctional platform suite. The multifunctional platform suite can stream all related business operations and processes. This brings significant advantages to WIND Hellas in terms of mobile broadband monetization, and will enable innovative data offers and promotions to enhance users' satisfaction and avoid churn. WIND Hellas will benefit from the reduced operational costs of a multi-access packet architecture that supports 2G, 3G and 4G subscribers with untapped ultra-fast data speeds.
The Evolved Packet Core solution enables WIND Hellas to offer new services, enhancing users' experience and at the same time significantly simplifying operations and lowering costs.WIND Hellas CNO Nikos Babalis says: "The successful deployment of the Ericsson Evolved Packet Core solution marks another significant milestone in our commitment to remain at the forefront of telecommunications services in the Greek market - with continuous and long-term investments in our network infrastructure. Ericsson, a long-time partner in our network and services evolution, has proved its leading capabilities in Mobile Packet Core and systems integration. The teams worked hard to deliver a state-of-the-art solution. We are proud to say that our Mobile Packet Core solution is ready to serve our existing and new customer base with advanced mobile broadband offerings based on differentiated customer experience."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV