Our Most Luxurious Hotel Is in San Diego
About $300 million was spent to build the 249-room Grand Del Mar. The hotel's architects and designers scoured the globe for inspiration and imported fabrics, stone, wood and tile from around the world when it came time to start building.
During a recent tour, Grand Del Mar President Tom Voss described the Travelers' Choice award as humbling, but was hesitant to give away many secrets of the hotel's success.
Voss grew up in the hotel industry, learning the trade at a hotel owned by his father in Germany. He said he feels The Grand Del Mar, which was built about seven years ago, has definitely hit its stride.
"I think we accomplished this synergy within the first couple of years," Voss says, attributing much of the success to the staff. "We're hiring the most amazing, genuine, friendly staff members."Staff at The Grand Del Mar are not hired because they bring the exact set of skills needed, but because they have a certain personality, one that exhibits a willingness to go above and beyond. Specific work skills, Voss says, can be taught, but that warm, welcoming personality cannot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV