Has the Fed misjudged the economy?
Translating those bond market rates into consumer interest rates means good news for borrowers, and bad news for savers. Current mortgage rates are some 21 basis points below where they were the first week of January. That is good news for anyone looking to take advantage of low home purchase or refinance rates.
On the less happy end of the spectrum, the accumulation of discouraging economic news means continued low rates for savings accounts, CDs and money market accounts. Their future depends on whether the Fed's apparent optimism is more accurate than the stock market's recent pessimism.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV