Affiliated Managers Group Inc (AMG): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Affiliated Managers Group (AMG) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Affiliated Managers Group fell $1.98 (-1.1%) to $186.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 797,235 shares of Affiliated Managers Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 329,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $185.61-$190.27 after having opened the day at $189.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $188.63. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: iPath GBP/USD Exchange Rate ETN (GBB), down 14.1%, Credit Suisse (TVIX), down 12.7%, C-Tracks Citi Volatility Index TR ETN (CVOL), down 12.1% and Barclays Short B Leveraged Inverse S&P 500 (BXDB), down 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Affiliated Managers Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV