According to a 9To5Mac report GT Advanced has ordered inspection tools that would help the company produce sapphire crystal displays for mobile devices. The sapphire maker could use those tools to produce up to 200 million screen covers for devices per year.
GT Advanced currently has an exclusive multi-year partnership with Apple regarding "Consumer Electronics Products." The deal includes the operation of a sapphire plant in Arizona where the displays may be produced.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV