Jazz passes my overall performance test however, and earns a current momentum grade A+.
Here is where valuation comes into play.
Data from Best Stocks Now App I see a stock that is trading at 19 times forward earnings. Jazz is expected to continue to grow those earnings by about 19% per year over the next five years. That makes for a very reasonable price-to-earnings growth ratio of just 0.98. When I do the math, I come up with a five-year target price of $300 on the stock. Jazz is currently only trading at $152. In other words, I see a stock that has 98% upside potential. Will Jazz ever get there? I don't know. But if Jazz can continue to execute, I'll stay along for the ride. Stock Chart Lastly, I see a chart that's still hitting new highs. As far as I'm concerned, all systems are still go on Jazz. Out of 3,813 stocks in my Best Stocks Now app database, Jazz comes in fifth. It's a stock that I own at Gunderson Capital Management in my aggressive portfolios accounts. Data from Best Stocks Now App At the time of publication, the author held JAZZ in his managed portfolios. Follow @billgunderson This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV