NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) announced today that Weston M. Hicks, its President and chief executive officer, will present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2014 Insurance Conference on February 12, 2014. The presentation is expected to begin at approximately 4:05 p.m. Eastern Time. The presentation will include an overview of Alleghany's businesses, a discussion of its financial condition and its outlook going forward.
A live audio webcast and accompanying presentation materials will be available at http://www.veracast.com/webcasts/baml/insurance2014/id72113192632.cfm. A replay of the webcast will be available on the site beginning approximately one hour after conclusion of the live event and for 90 days thereafter.
About Alleghany Corporation
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE-Y) creates value through owning and managing operating subsidiaries and investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. Alleghany's property and casualty subsidiaries include: Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., a leading global reinsurer; RSUI Group, Inc., a national underwriter of property and liability specialty insurance coverages; Capitol Transamerica Corporation, an underwriter of commercial property, casualty and surety insurance coverages; and Pacific Compensation Corporation, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance primarily in California.For more information, please contact: Jeff Majtyka/ Mike SmargiassiBrainerd Communicators, Inc.212-986-6667 SOURCE Alleghany Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV