- Do not attempt to retrieve a balloon — or any foreign object — tangled in power lines. Instead, call SCE at 800-611-1911 and report the problem.
- Never tie a Mylar balloon to a child’s wrist. If the balloon comes into contact with electricity, it will travel through the balloon and into the child, causing serious injury or even death.
- Never attach streamers to any balloon — latex or metallic.
- When done with the balloons, do not release them. Puncture them several times or cut the knot and throw them in the garbage to prevent them from floating away.
- If you see a downed line or dangling wire — even if it appears not to be live — don’t touch or approach it and call 911 immediately.
Don’t Blow It On Valentine’s Day, Tie Down Your Mylar Balloons
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.