Some of the money raised in the private placement will be used to augment the sales and marketing staff, according to the company. Currently the sales staff has seven members, five in the U.S. and two in Europe. Ekso has two people in marketing, one each in the U.S. and Europe, and three customer-relations employees. Additionally, the company has six clinical professionals and physical therapists. Each sale requires a clinician as well as an assist from customer service, according to Harding.
Ekso said in an SEC filing that its sales cycle ranges from three to 12 months. The company is working on shortening the cycle by increasing clinical awareness and acceptance of its product.
Ekso has 49 employees and plans to add 10 to 15 more over the next three months in its sales, clinical and manufacturing divisions.
As a public company, Ekso will have more access to a capital and will be better able to retain its engineering talent, Harding said. It may also give the company more credibility with prospective customers.One customer who needs no convincing is Mena. "I'm excited about the future, there are brilliant people working on this," she said. "The thing is, I was not hung up on walking, I didn't dream of walking, and when they talked to me about it, I wondered if I wanted to try it." She is quiet for a moment, then she adds, "Why wouldn't I give myself the chance to walk again?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV