4. As of noon trading, Southern Copper Corporation ( SCCO) is up $0.87 (3.1%) to $29.31 on light volume. Thus far, 834,721 shares of Southern Copper Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.59-$29.34 after having opened the day at $28.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.44. Southern Copper Corporation engages in mining, exploring, producing, smelting, and refining copper and other minerals in Peru, Mexico, and Chile. Southern Copper Corporation has a market cap of $23.7 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. Shares are down 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 5 analysts who rate Southern Copper Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southern Copper Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Southern Copper Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts