Weingarten Realty Investors (NYSE: WRI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Weingarten Realty Investors is a publically owned equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of United States. The firm engages in ownership, management, acquisition, development and redevelopment. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.91. The average volume for Weingarten Realty Investors has been 795,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Weingarten Realty Investors has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Weingarten Realty Investors as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has experienced relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WEINGARTEN REALTY INVST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, WEINGARTEN REALTY INVST turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.35 versus $0.20).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 50.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.27 million to $60.54 million.
- 37.09% is the gross profit margin for WEINGARTEN REALTY INVST which we consider to be strong. Regardless of WRI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WRI's net profit margin of 43.98% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, WEINGARTEN REALTY INVST's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, WRI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- You can view the full Weingarten Realty Investors Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts