Under Armour (UA) On Momo Momentum Watch Today
- UA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $283.9 million.
- UA has a PE ratio of 69.9.
- UA is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- UA is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- UA is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- UA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- UA has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.9%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UA: Under Armour, Inc. engages in the development, marketing, and distribution of branded performance apparel, footwear, and accessories for men, women, and youth primarily in North America, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Latin America. UA has a PE ratio of 69.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Under Armour a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. The average volume for Under Armour has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Under Armour has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 11.2% with 3.09 days to cover. Shares are up 21.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Under Armour as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- UA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- UNDER ARMOUR INC has improved earnings per share by 25.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNDER ARMOUR INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.50 versus $1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 28.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.13 million to $64.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $232.41 million or 12.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNDER ARMOUR INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -41.29%.
- You can view the full Under Armour Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.