Barbarian At The Gate: Laboratory Corporation Of America Holdings (LH)
- LH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.7 million.
- LH has traded 66,771 shares today.
- LH traded in a range 214.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.39.
- LH traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LH: Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings operates as an independent clinical laboratory company worldwide. LH has a PE ratio of 14.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Laboratory Corporation of America has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 7.8% with 6.32 days to cover. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS increased its bottom line by earning $5.98 versus $5.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.98 versus $5.98).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $234.20 million or 14.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.80%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $148.00 million to $148.30 million.
- You can view the full Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.