ON Semiconductor posted fourth-quarter earnings of 17 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters eexpected earnings of 14 cents a share for the quarter ended in December. The semiconductor maker reported revenue of $718 million in the quarter, beating analysts' estimates of $691.3 million.
"With a strong design win pipeline across multiple segments and with substantial progress in previously announced restructuring measures, we believe we are well-positioned to deliver strong operational results for 2014," CEO Keith Jackson said in a press release.
ON Semiconductor said it expects revenue of between $695 million and $725 million for the first quarter. Analysts estimate revenue of $682.7 million.Must read: ON Semiconductor Reports Fourth Quarter And 2013 Annual Results TheStreet Ratings team rates ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about its recommendation: "We rate ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP (ONNN) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 314.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.50 million to $51.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 403.36% to $59.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -75.92%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- ONNN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.14 is sturdy.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ONNN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.