Microsoft Brings Cloud to Sochi
Microsoft's involvement in the games extends far beyond the broadcasting realm. The tech giant's Windows Azure technology supports the official Web sites for the Winter Olympic and Paralympic games, which take place in Sochi between March 7th and 16th.
The deal between Microsoft Russia and the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee was signed at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum in 2012. During peak traffic times, the software maker will use its Azure cloud to allocate resources to the Web sites via data centers around the world.
Launched in 2009, Windows Azure forms the cornerstone of Microsoft's corporate cloud services strategy. In 2011, Microsoft and Toyota
(TM) teamed up to develop in-car applications on the Azure platform. Other Windows Azure users include BMW Latin America, Harris Corporation
(HRS) and Herbalife
(HLF), which tapped the technology to support distributor Web sites.
Samsung and Maria Sharapova
--Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >Contact by Email.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV