AMSTERDAM, February 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced receiving an Honorary Mention at the 2013 PROSE Awards for its journal Global Food Security in the category Best New Journal in Science, Technology and Medicine. The official announcement was made at the Association of American Publishers' (AAP) Professional and Scholarly Publishing (PSP) Annual Conference in Washington, DC yesterday.
Helping to tackle the world's hunger crisis and given the rapidly evolving nature of scientific knowledge and information on global food security, in 2012 Elsevier launched Global Food Security as a new multidisciplinary journal to cover this niche.
"I believe that recognition from the American Publishers Awards of our new Global Food Security journal reflects two attributes," said Editor-in-Chief Ken Cassman, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, USA. "First, it recognizes increasing awareness of food security as the foundation of a sustainable future for humanity in terms of economic development, curbing population growth, improved nutrition and health, conservation of natural resources and environmental quality, and dealing with climate change. Second, it reflects the high quality of the authors and papers published in our first issues on these topics-a trend the Editors and I are committed to continuing."Gilles Jonker, Executive Publisher at Elsevier, added, "We are very proud to be recognized with a PROSE honorable mention in the category Best New Journal STM. It is because of the excellent editorial team, the authors and reviewers that we are able to make this important new Journal for this emerging research community." Global Food Security publishes four issues per year, which are available via ScienceDirect. Overall, six books and one journal published by Elsevier received a total of 10 Prose Awards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV