BRENTWOOD, Tenn., Feb. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO), the largest retail farm and ranch store chain in the United States, today announced that Mark J. Weikel has been appointed to the Company's board of directors.
Mr. Weikel is a seasoned executive with operational expertise and deep knowledge of retail operations. He currently serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of Luxottica Retail Optical North America, providing leadership for a brand portfolio that includes LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical and Target Optical which generates over $3.0 billion in revenue systemwide. Prior to his various positions at Luxottica, Mr. Weikel served as Chief Operating Officer of Lord & Taylor, a specialty department store with 47 stores and over $1.3 billion in sales. Before Lord & Taylor, Mr. Weikel was President & Chief Operating Officer of Victoria's Secret Stores at Limited Brands. Earlier in his career, Mr. Weikel held several management positions at the MAY Department Stores Company.
Cynthia Jamison, Tractor Supply's Chairman of the Board stated, "We are delighted Mark is joining Tractor Supply's board of directors. Mark brings a wealth of retail expertise that, combined with his demonstrated success in both operations and merchandising, will build upon the board's leadership and expertise. We are confident that Mark's leadership experience and business background will be valuable assets to the Tractor Supply board as we continue to grow our business."Mr. Weikel commented, "I am excited by the opportunity to join Tractor Supply's board of directors and the chance to leverage my knowledge around Retail Operations, Merchandise Planning & Allocation, Stores/Visual, and Production and Sourcing. I look forward to contributing to the Tractor Supply team as it continues to expand and enhances its position as the leading retailer serving the rural lifestyle."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV