INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev., Feb. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDL) (NASDAQ: PDLI) announced today that it entered into exchange and purchase agreements with certain holders of approximately $131.7 million aggregate principal amount of outstanding 2.875% Convertible Senior Notes due 2015 (2015 Notes). The exchange agreements provide for the issuance, by the Company, of shares of common stock and a cash payment for the 2015 Notes being exchanged, and the purchase agreement provides for a cash payment for the 2015 Notes being repurchased. The Company will issue a total of approximately 20.3 million shares of its common stock and pay an aggregate cash payment of approximately $34.2 million pursuant to the exchange and purchase agreements. Consummation of these transactions is conditioned on customary closing conditions and there is no assurance the Company will ultimately consummate the acquisition of any of its 2015 Notes. RBC Capital Markets is acting as the dealer manager for the private exchanges and repurchase.
About PDL BioPharma, Inc.
PDL BioPharma manages a portfolio of patents and royalty assets, consisting primarily of its Queen et al. antibody humanization patents and license agreements with various biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. PDL pioneered the humanization of monoclonal antibodies and, by doing so, enabled the discovery of a new generation of targeted treatments for cancer and immunologic diseases for which it receives significant royalty revenue. PDL is currently focused on intellectual property asset management, acquiring new income generating assets, and maximizing value for its shareholders.The company was formerly known as Protein Design Labs, Inc. and changed its name to PDL BioPharma, Inc. in 2006. PDL was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Incline Village, Nevada. NOTE: PDL BioPharma and the PDL BioPharma logo are considered trademarks of PDL BioPharma, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV