Nike (NKE) ($71.51) has declined 10.9% since setting an all-time intraday high at $80.26 on Dec. 9. The company makes high quality athletic footwear and apparel worldwide. The stock traded as low as $69.85 on Feb. 5, staying above its 200-day SMA at $69.46. The weekly chart is negative, with its five-week MMA at $74.29 and its 200-week SMA at $50.83. Nike has a hold rating and is 19.2% overvalued, with a gain of 32% over the last 12 months. My quarterly value level is $58.15, with monthly and semiannual risky levels at $80.85 and $89.41.
United Technologies (UTX) ($109.45) has declined 7.4% since setting an all-time intraday high at $118.20 on Jan. 22. This multi-sector conglomerate provides building systems such as elevators and air conditioning used around the world as emerging market economies surged. The stock traded as low as $107.00 on Feb. 5, staying above its 200-day SMA at $104.15. The weekly chart is negative, with its five-week MMA at $111.63 and its 200-week SMA at $84.08. United Technologies has a hold rating and is 11.9% overvalued with a gain of 22.5% over the last 12 months. Semiannual and annual value levels are $104.66, $104.87 and $97.11, with a quarterly pivot at $113.70 and monthly risky level at $119.63.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV