PECO has restored service to about 420,000 customers, more than half of those impacted by Tuesday’s winter ice storm. The number of customers restored so far is more than the total number of customers impacted by some of the company’s worst storms. Currently 295,000 customers remain without service, specifically:
- Bucks County = 69,000
- Chester County = 95,000
- Delaware County = 33,000
- Montgomery County = 87,000
- Philadelphia County = 8,000
- York = 1,500
More than 5,000 PECO employees, contractors and workers from utilities as far away as Arkansas, New Brunswick, Canada, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York and Ohio and PECO’s Chicago-based sister utility ComEd, will work around-the-clock to repair damage and restore service to customers as part of this monumental effort. They will continue to work around the clock until service can be safely restored to customers.
Based on the current conditions and the damage the entire region experienced, we believe service for a majority of customers will be restored by Friday night. Customers in more heavily damaged areas will be without service through Sunday.
Customers who experience an outage or issue with their natural gas service should call the company immediately at 1-800-841-4141. The more customers who call to report an outage, the more effectively PECO can dispatch crews and restore service. Customers also can report or view the status of an electric outage at www.peco.com or by using PECO Smart Mobile On-the-Go, the company’s mobile enhanced website.PECO urges customers to stay safe and always stay away from any storm damaged electrical equipment, especially downed power lines and tree limbs that may come into contact with power lines. Always consider that downed electrical wires are energized and report them to the company immediately. Customers should check on their neighbors, family and friends, and assist the elderly and those with special needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV