Today's Post-Market Laggard: FMC Technologies (FTI)
- FTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $109.7 million.
- FTI is down 8.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FTI: FMC Technologies, Inc. provides technology solutions for the energy industry worldwide. FTI has a PE ratio of 26.9. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate FMC Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for FMC Technologies has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FMC has a market cap of $11.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 4.7% with 3.67 days to cover. Shares are down 5.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FMC Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 19.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.78 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.09 versus $1.78).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $153.60 million or 47.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -70.99%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $98.90 million to $116.00 million.
- FTI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.76 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.01 is sturdy.
- You can view the full FMC Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.