AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record fourth quarter and annual sales.
Fourth Quarter 2013 Summary
- Reported fourth quarter sales rose 12% to a record level (core sales excluding currency effects increased 10%)
- Sales growth across all business segments and all geographic regions drove results
- Reported earnings per share increased 4% to $0.54 from $0.52 in the prior year
- Retroactive full-year impact of French tax regulations enacted at the end of December negatively impacted current period earnings by $0.10 per share
- Charges related to the European restructuring plan equaled $0.05 per share in the current period and the prior year
- Adjusted earnings per share, excluding the impact from the 2013 French tax regulation changes and the restructuring charges, increased 21% to $0.69 from $0.57 in the prior year
FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended December 31, 2013, reported sales increased 12% to $637 million from $571 million a year ago. Changes in currency exchange rates accounted for 2% of the sales growth and increased custom tooling sales added another 2% in the quarter.
| Fourth Quarter Segment Sales Analysis
(Change Over Prior Year)
|Product Sales (including tooling)||6%||12%||24%||10%|
|Total Reported Growth||7%||16%||26%||12%|