Netlist will offer the 7,548,500 shares of common stock for $1.30 a share. Underwriter Craig-Hallum Capital Group also has the option to buy an additional 1,132,275 shares at the $1.30 price to cover over-allotments. The offering should close on or about Feb.11.
The chipmaker expects to see net proceeds of about $8.9 million from the offer.
Must read: Why Netlist (NLST) Is Soaring TodayTheStreet Ratings team rates NETLIST INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NETLIST INC (NLST) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, NETLIST INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NETLIST INC is rather low; currently it is at 17.42%. Regardless of NLST's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NLST's net profit margin of -73.23% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$3.05 million or 2.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow NETLIST INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.67%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 32.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- NLST's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.61 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NLST's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.41 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NLST Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV