5 Ways to Use a Credit Card to Rebuild Your Bad Credit
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- You really can use a credit card to rebuild credit.
After lawsuits and medical bills, credit cards are one of the leading drivers towards bad credit. So it comes as at least somewhat of a surprise that credit cards can help on the back end of all that debt accumulation.
"It might sound a little crazy to suggest you can use a credit card to rebuild your credit history," Beverly Harzog, a nationally regarded credit card expert, consumer advocate and author of the new book, Confessions Of a Credit Junkie. "But as long as your bad credit problem doesn't stem from out-of-control spending, a credit card is one of your best tools for getting back into the good graces of the credit gods."
How so? Herzog offers the following strategies:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV