SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the leader in enterprise security, announced that on February 6, 2014, Honorable Judge Sue L. Robinson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware (the "Court") rejected Juniper's motion for summary judgment of patent infringement, and granted in part several Palo Alto Networks' motions for summary judgment of non-infringement based on the doctrine of equivalents. Palo Alto Networks also announced that it received favorable decisions on claim construction with regard to the patents-in-suit.
"We believe the ruling is consistent with our position that we do not infringe these patents," said Mark McLaughlin, chief executive officer of Palo Alto Networks.
"From the outset, we said we would vigorously defend the Company against Juniper's lawsuit. Our business has always been focused on delivering unique offerings for our customers. We remain committed to defending our products against unwarranted claims of patent infringement. We look forward to proving at trial that we do not infringe the Juniper patents."The lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware and was filed by Juniper Networks in December, 2011. The Court's decision follows a hearing held in November 2013. A trial date in this matter is scheduled for February 24, 2014. ABOUT PALO ALTO NETWORKS Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today's dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com. Forward-Looking Statements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV