On 2/10/14, Citigroup Capital IX 6.00% Capital Securities (C.PRS) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.375, payable on 2/13/14. As a percentage of C.PRS's recent share price of $25.27, this dividend works out to approximately 1.48%, so look for shares of C.PRS to trade 1.48% lower — all else being equal — when C.PRS shares open for trading on 2/10/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.93%, which compares to an average yield of 5.81% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, C.PRS was trading at a 1.32% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of C.PRS shares, versus C:
Below is a dividend history chart for C.PRS, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.375 on Citigroup Capital IX 6.00% Capital Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Citigroup (C) makes up 8.33% of the KBW Bank Portfolio ETF (KBWB) which is trading higher by about 1% on the day Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV