Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:55 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Friday.
KeyBanc upgraded DineEquity (DIN) to buy from hold. "This is IHOP making a comeback," Cramer said, before agreeing that "it's a terrific idea to buy" the stock. DIN ended 2.6% higher at $78.37.Wells Fargo upgraded Starbucks (SBUX) to buy from hold. The analyst's piece about "the reinvention of Starbucks and what [CEO] Howard Schultz is doing" is brilliant, Cramer said. SBUX rose 2.3% to $74.04. Credit Suisse initiated Red Hat (RHT) as a buy with a $70 price target. Cramer said the stock has plateaued after reporting a "fantastic quarter." RHT is a holding in his charitable portfolio, Action Alerts PLUS. RHT was up 2.6% at $56.99. Athenahealth's (ATHN) CEO Jonathan Bush "delivers a quarter to end all quarters," Cramer said. Shares are surging almost 20% after the company's earnings report. Cramer also touted Bush's upcoming book regarding the health care industry and how to save it. ATHN vaulted 25.1% to $173.93. RBC Capital upgraded Lululemon Athletica (LULU) to outperform from sector-perform. Cramer reasoned that "people finally feel that it's down enough," with shares still off 20% for the year to date. LULU rose 4.3% to $47.38. GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) "is the most legitimate marijuana stock," Cramer said. Only a small part of the pain relief company is exposed to the marijuana industry, he added, giving investors some diversification. GWPH jumped 7.2% to $61.85. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV