The deal will let Vodafone purchase all of its subsidiary, Vodafone India. The telecom currently owns 84.5% of the Indian company. India's cabinet approved the deal two months after the Indian foreign investment regulator approved the deal in December.
News of the deal's approval comes alongside Vodafone's third-quarter earnings report which caw revenue fall 3.6% to 10.98 billion pounds ($17.91 billion).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV