Update (9:47 a.m.): Updated with Thursday market open information.
The stock was rising 2.13% to $43.10 shortly after the market opened on Thursday.
----------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO (SWN) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 443.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$54.05 million to $185.87 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $499.97 million or 40.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.35%.
- The gross profit margin for SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO is rather high; currently it is at 59.21%. Regardless of SWN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SWN's net profit margin of 21.40% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SWN Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts