SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced the availability of Internet speeds of up to one gigabit per second for more than 2,500 businesses located in multi-tenant unit office buildings throughout Salt Lake City, Sandy, Midvale, Draper, South Jordan, West Jordan, Cottonwood Heights and other area municipalities.
Business customers located in buildings with CenturyLink's next generation fiber technology will be able to work faster without bandwidth constraints. Downloading a large file, such as a high-definition video, will take seconds, and gigabit technology allows customers to easily stream video content on multiple devices. Businesses benefit from instant access to cloud services and applications on demand and, with CenturyLink's symmetrical service, can simultaneously download or upload large multimedia files at identical speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
This service will outperform the slower upload speeds available through basic business broadband providers, including cable providers. CenturyLink's 1 Gbps service is equivalent to 1,000 Mbps—an Internet speed that is 100 times faster than average broadband speeds—and will have a direct connection to the company's recently upgraded 100 Gbps global network."The availability, quality, and competitiveness of broadband services are critical pieces of infrastructure for attracting new businesses to Salt Lake City. Businesses need more bandwidth and faster connections to harness cloud applications that are becoming workplace necessities, and access to fast Internet speeds will help Salt Lake City provide new job opportunities and attract new capital investment. We commend CenturyLink on this significant investment in the community," said Jeff Edwards, President and CEO of the Economic Development Corporation of Utah.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV