NEW YORK and AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NASDAQ OMX (Nasdaq:NDAQ) will open a new office in Austin, Texas on February 28 to expand its footprint in the Central region to meet increasing customer demand, particularly for Corporate Solutions products and services which are used by over 1,300 customers in the region. The office will be overseen by Cris Farrell, Vice President and Head of Sales, U.S. West, Corporate Solutions, NASDAQ OMX.
"As the home to many of the most innovative, ambitious companies and business leaders in the country, Austin is an obvious choice for us to expand our business in the region for the long-term," said Farrell. "We are proud to open a new office to support Texas companies that need the services and solutions we provide our customers, specifically designed to help them create competitive advantage from their IR, PR, Marketing and Governance organizations."
In addition to the Corporate Solutions sales and support team, the new Austin office will increase NASDAQ OMX's on-the-ground presence for its Corporate Client Group in Texas, the fourth-largest U.S. market for its listings business. Texas is the home to 138 companies listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market, including 23 that are headquartered in Austin, representing a combined total market value of $242 billion."We are fortunate to have so many of Texas' leading companies as part of the NASDAQ family, including Whole Foods Market and RetailMeNot, Inc. from Austin, and we are excited to expand our presence there to further develop relationships with the region's most innovative companies and entrepreneurs," said Bob McCooey, Senior Vice President of Relationship Management, Corporate Client Group, NASDAQ OMX. NASDAQ OMX's technology solutions are used by over 10,000 customers in 60 countries consisting of public and private entities, exchanges, regulators and broker-dealers, and powers over 80 marketplaces worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV